Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Coolest Halloween Drawing Ever

While I'm on the topic of crazy public school teachers, and seeing as how last week was Halloween, I thought it appropriate to share this story about Jordan Hood, a 5th grader who recently participated in an art class assignment to draw a scary mask or picture.

Here is his drawing:


Pretty freaky, right? It reminded me of the Simpson's episode where Nelson Muntz draws "a robot with guns for arms shooting a plane made out of guns that fires guns."

It also reminded me of my own childhood. I didn't have a very disturbed childhood, but when I was bored I would try to sketch the scariest pictures I could. I wish I would have saved a couple so I could show you, but my sketches probably couldn't hold a candle to "I kill for blood".

The crazy part is also the reason the kid should feel like he aced the assignment - his picture was so scary that the teacher wouldn't let him return to school until he completed psychological testing! Ha ha!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How did he do on the psychological?

Benji said...

The article says he skipped school the next morning to get the testing done so he could make it to the dance that afternoon. I think that means he's OK.