Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, March 30, 2008

My novel

The other day over dinner I asked Melissa what she would do if we didn't have kids, had 6 months to do whatever we wanted, and money was no object. She answered that she's always wanted to see Europe. She'd spend the whole 6 months seeing what there is to see there. When she returned the question I jokingly said I'd write a book - but the joke was on me because that got the wheels in my head turning and brainstorming. I thought, lots of people write books, why not me? What's the harm in writing a book?

Since then I've spent a couple hours coming up with a plot and some main characters. (Did I mention it was spring break?) I've set my deadline at 10 years so this won't really consume huge amounts of my time. Besides, I want to do it well if I'm going to do it at all.

For those of you wanting to know what it's about - sorry, I can't share that here. The reason is because I'm not really a gifted writer, so my ideas are all I really have. If I put my ideas out here in the open for others to read, they'll do it better than me and I'll be useless. But feel free to ask me in the coming months and years how my novel is coming. If you want, you can even ask me in the Stewie Griffin voice.

No comments: