Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A few explanations

Here I am, on the interwebs, blogging. Sometimes Melissa and I wonder what words that are common to us will be something our kids will laugh at - like when innocent old people use the word "gay" to mean happy and all us young 'uns snicker. I think "blogging" is a good example of one of the words with potential to turn that way. (Hee hee hee, Grandpa just said he was going to "blog", hee hee he he he. I wonder if he'll "google" something when he's done).

So here's the explanation - My brother started blogging last year. Due to my busy schedule, I didn't really go there that often, but, in fairness to Joe, whenever I went there I found some pretty interesting things. Anyway, Joe's lovely wife Stephanie started blogging a few months back and Melissa started reading her blog weekly and would often tell me stories of my awesome nephews, Lincoln and Daniel.

I realized that "blogging", as the kids call it, is a great way to stay connected while we're away from our friends and family in Utah - and after that it would be a great way to stay connected with all the wonderful people we've met here in Loma Linda. So there you have it, I blog.

Had-a-field
Years and years ago in the Somebody Else home on 7th north in Brigham City, it wasn't uncommon to hear the Somebody Else children teasing each other. Sometimes it went back and forth like this - "Joseph had a field, and he lost it!" "Benji had a field, and he lost it" to a melody something like the universal "neener neener neener" chant that children do so well. Yeah, we were brilliant. No better way to really burn a sibling than make fun of the last name!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yay! I can't wait to read more of this blog written by the funniest person on the face of the earth. We know you're a busy dental student, but we want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

(and don't forget to include pictures of your adorable little guy!)