Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Super Thoughts

Some thoughts from the super bowl:
  • Remember when beer commercials were funny?
  • James Harrison might miss the first couple of pre-season games next year because he's still catching his breath from that 100-yard interception return. Actually I hope he gets suspended for the first two regular season games because of his cheap shot on Aaron Francisco. What a jerk.
  • Anyone else hear Al Michaels say "Yes he can!" refering to a wide receiver's efforts to get the first down? You can't escape the Obamamania.
  • G.I. Joe movie? Awesome! Another Transformers movie? Ok.
  • I've seen lots of people getting hit by buses lately. Twice in a movie I just watched, once in the Doritos commercial, once in the Jack-in-the-Box commercial, and a few times in the commercial for the next episode of "Chuck." (Get it? That scene where Jerome Bettis levels him? Jerome Bettis was nicknamed "the Bus"). I don't know about you, but I'm watching out for buses.
  • Can we young 'uns have another chance at a halftime show? The last lineup that would have appealed to anyone younger than 30 was 5 years ago with Jessica Simpson, Nelly, P. Diddy, Kid Rock, and let's not forget Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. Since the infamous wardrobe malfunction, we've seen Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty, and now Bruce Springsteen. Booooooorrrrring.
  • The one commercial that made me laugh was MacGruber becoming PepsGruber, but I think you need to be an SNL junkie like me to appreciate it.
  • I would like to have seen the Cardinals win, but I really don't have any strong feelings for or against either team.
  • Free Grand Slam at Denny's next Tuesday from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Awesome.
  • What is up with not showing the blimp??? I had to write that in behalf of my son, Jordan. That was the only part of the game the 21-month-old was looking forward to. Incidentally, he learned the word "dangit" from me during the Super Bowl. I guess it could be worse.
  • I wish the Cardinals had gone with the same helmet design as the Philadelphia Eagles, so everyone could see what a wussy mascot the cardinal really is:

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice observation, I agree with most of them, but the MacGruber thing . . . lame. . . we were totally disappointed that the Steelers won. Dangit!

Ashley said...

Very keen observations. You can't escape pop culture, it seeps into everything, and most especially into our new president. And no, we are all doomed to listen to barely breathing, once ridiculously famous musicians who are drugged up so they can pretend that they still have moves and are young enough to give a knockout performance. Why? Because the people who can afford to pay for a Superbowl ticket are the ones who grew up on the likes of Bruce Springstein and Mick Jagger. You'll see Kanye West in about twenty years.