Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Horny Change

With all the talk about "change this" and "Obama that" we've been hearing about lately, I haven't heard anyone mention something I think needs changing. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention my killer idea. The change I'd like to see this year is in the auto industry. As long as we're making efforts to go green and become safer and all that, why not offer the driver more options for honking his horn? Seriously, for how many years have we been given only one choice?

Hear me out. How many times have you been driving and have seen someone you know and you wanted to honk to get their attention so you could give a friendly Hello, but you didn't honk because there were other cars around and you were worried they would think you were honking at them? Or perhaps you went ahead and honked, and then felt like a fool when your friend kept walking but you noticed the driver in front of you check his rear-view mirror, and you weren't quite sure but you think based on what you saw of his eyes, he was mad at you. Perhaps he looked a little crazy.
It's really a simple solution: two horn sounds. One is a friendly horn, the other is an angry horn. Keep the angry horn in the middle so it's easily accessible if you need to warn someone of their impending doom, and put the friendly one on the ceiling - after all, if you're about to wave your hand will be in the air anyway, right?

Both horns should also have an option of aiming the sound. I'll let the auto industry figure that one out. Yes we can.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm all for it, but we need more than just two. I also need the, "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother, but that light just turned green.", and the "Thanks for letting me over, etc.!"

Fat Joe said...

Two sounds is fine: use the angry one for the guy parked in front of the green light and use the friendly for someone who let you in.

BTW - once I honked very angrily at a pedestrian who sprinted in front of my pickup truck on main street at night. Then I noticed it was my brother, presumably playing "Fugitive."