Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Introducing the 10-word movie review. Happy Oscar Night!

For those of you who don't live in the L.A. area, it really is a big deal around here. I had to laugh when I was new here a few years ago and the evening news signed off by wishing me a happy Oscar Weekend. Melissa and I decided to really get into it this year and we've filled out our Oscar picks. Move over March Madness.

I thought it would be fitting for tonight's blog post to review the movies I've seen lately. I'm actually a little behind and have 19 movies to do, so to keep it interesting I'm restricting all my reviews to 10 words. That should be enough to let you know how I felt about each film. If you'd like me to elaborate just say the word!

It is worth noting, in true Oscar fashion, that I am wearing a "VF Imagewear" Philadelphia Eagles t-shirt and a pair of "Finish Line Athletics 365" basketball shorts. This outfit was really a fabulous choice for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my reviews:

Australia
Well done but too long. Would be better as miniseries.

Serenity
Good movie, better TV show. Watch "Firefly" for free here.

Wanted (edited)
Like a superhero movie but not. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Valkerie
Like watching favorite team lose close one to bitter rivals.

Traitor
FBI vs. Terrorists from terrorist point of view. Really good.

Tropic Thunder (edited)
Offensive and wrong but I couldn't stop laughing. Nicely done.

Burn After Reading (edited)
Disappointment. Expected more from such big names. Wasn't very funny.

I am Legend
Will make you jump. Can't go wrong with Will Smith.

The X-files: I want to believe
Wondering if it was this crappy when I was younger.

Swimfan
Free on hulu. Better than expected. Thought of better ending.

Max Payne
Don't give up. Gets really good after a certain point.

Ghost Town
Funny Dentist movie I would recommend to just about anybody.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
I must be old. Asking where parents were. Darn kids.

Lars and the Real Girl
Really weird. Melissa shared my thoughts on her blog here.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Dogs wear people clothes. Glad I fell asleep on plane.

Taken
Holy cow, this movie was freaking awesome! Intense and violent.

Lakeview Terrace
Like "Meet the Parents" but drama, not comedy. Somewhat irritating.

Smokejumper
Laughed so hard, but not supposed to be funny. Fail.

Henry Poole is Here
Redbox description was wrong. Made boring and stupid movie confusing.

Benji's Blog Movie Review Archive

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Taken and Ghost Town were the only two ones on your list that I have seen, but I thoroughly agree. Is there anything on which you are NOT an expert Benji?

Ashley said...

Oh I lied. I saw Nick and Norah too...what a useless waste of time. "And I'm pretty sure they defied the laws of sexuality." That is my ten word review.