Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Google - is there anything they can't do?

I was browsing through available blogger widgets and found the little gem I put near the bottom of my side bar. It's a slide show of pictures that were recently uploaded to other blogs. I've been watching it and whenever I see something that looks interesting, I click and read. The problem is, many of the blogs look something like this when I get there:
Hei. Tervetuloa blogiin! Finally - te tiedä, miten käyttää tätä löytää oman erityisen salainen viesti! Arvaa mitä? There's piilotettu Ninja pelin tällä sivulla. Osoita, että kuvan alareunassa tämän sivun mennä leikkimään Ninja käsine. Ja älä kerro kenellekään, ne on löydettävä se itse.
That's where google translate comes in. It will translate among 34 different languages. It's a fun way to read blogs because when sentence structure is all messed up, everything sounds either really deep and poetic, or just stupid, depending on the subject matter.

Recently I was curious to see if I sounded as stupid when my blog is translated as everyone else does. I translated one of my recent posts to Indonesian and then back to English and it was hilarious! The best example was that "All I wanted was a hot dog" was changed to "I wanted all of the hot dogs."

To demonstrate, I'm re-capping a certain event in my life and translating it from English to Czech to Indonesian to Filipino to Swedish and back to English:

So there I am in a small town in Mexico, confusion, how it will look like a city from the top of the bell tower from a local church. Sonny and I decided to learn how we batter creeping into the night Catholic complexity. We Circumnavigated whole building looking for the best way, and finally decided we should set up a ladder in front of the building, making it possible for us to have access to the lowest part of the roof. I take several steps in the stairs, and I believe spid kick in. I know that there is something wrong. Even spread to the right of the platform, only to find my people, I sneak around the building. That we can come into contact with eyes, and I decided my best bet is to run like mad. Sonny and I passed the door and impossible to walk several blocks we stop. Then we have perhaps a good idea to tell people waiting for us outside, so it should not get in trouble, or to give us. We are divided so that a person to see me might not recognize me. When we approached the building we heard sirens and we all ducked into a dark room and HID. He was furious, we will see at least 10 policemen for Trucks unit, each carrying police behind 5. What we sneakily running the upside, and finally back to where we live.



Finally, a way to play the telephone game all by yourself! Your challenge? You have to translate your comments at least twice before posting them.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I was angry because of your event. Well, now's a good story. You never think you are a ninja that night! I love you.

That was English to Catalan to Dutch to Korean to English.

Totally changed the meaning of a few sentences...I love you? Hahaha. What a joke!

Melissa said...

I have to leave one more...


I had such a comment. That makes it interesting and fun. And you do not know the true meaning behind me. If that means that you can complete the sounding accused Google!


You'll NEVER guess what I was trying to say! Hahahaha!

person said...

IMI like a story, and I like to play for the line. Should play in this game.

This is English to Arabic to Ukrainian to Hebrew to Bulgarian to Filipino to Italian to Hindi to English.

Jessica C. said...

Will you please post the first English version? I am SO curious as to what really happened to you that night in Mexico when all the police were after you...

Benji said...

What's that? I didn't understand you. I think what you meant to say was:

Can you after the first English version? I'm so strange facts about what happened to you that night in Mexico, when all the police after ...
(That's english-norwegian-arabic-hebrew-english)

Anyway, my response:

I believe that to do the story justice, I can take some time to sit down to write ins and outs. Maybe you can talk to me some time during the Christmas holiday and will tell everything.
(that was the same languages in the opposite order)

Fat Joe said...

Palm of your hand where you have a cut that part has left. It's not that it completely healed more than a month to begin?
Also, you blog on the "messenger" of the sound can add ... Bad Boys, Bad Boy, what do you want? You you to do when they

English to danish to filipino to hindi back to english