Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Famous People I've met......in my dreams

Last nights dream with Amy Poehler sparked the idea for this post. It's meant to be updated as needed so check back from time to time. So far I can only think of three, but they were awesome dreams.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

That is the image from the helicopter shortly before this man's hideout was bombed and he was killed. When I saw the breaking news that he was dead, I rejoiced. You see, I never got over an incident between us a few months earlier (dreaming, of course). I was in the middle of nowhere and it was just me vs. him, mano e mano. Me with my wife's 9mm Glock, and him with his fully-automatic assult rifle. Not really fair, right? I did my best to shoot him while hiding behind a tree, but it was really difficult and eventually he killed me.

Amy Poehler

Last night me and her were running through the halls of an enormous mansion running away from a bad guy. I think we got away because he hadn't found us by the time I woke up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger


This was an awesome dream I had a few months back. I was in high school and had to choose one more class to fill up my schedule. The decision came down to three classes - a class about finances or something boring like that, a class about cross-stitching, and (wait for it) a class about dinosaurs taught by Arnold. I went in and talked to him about the class and he was so open and welcoming. In reality he was campaigning in for Governor at the time, and that's how all his ads were portraying him. Anyway, he was so cool I decided I had to take his dinosaur class.

Barry Bonds










I was in this pavilion area in Giants Stadium in S.F. and me and Barry were just tossing up baseballs and then hitting them as far as we could. We were both routinely hitting them out of the park. Pretty sweet.

Brian Westbrook













Update, Oct. 08: I was the single passenger on a great big barge trying to navigate a tricky turn in a canal that went through a city (I think it was Wurzburg) I was a dangerous criminal being sent to prison and had restraints on my arms. The barge ride was a little rough and even crashed into the walls of the canal, causing me to fall down. I made my way up to the front to figure out who was steering the thing. Yup, my currently injured fantasy running back was making my life difficult once again.

Kenny Rogers


When I started making noises in my sleep and then woke up, Melissa asked what was happening in my dream. This was shortly after we were married so she wasn't used to my sleeping habits yet. Anyway, I was having the time of my life singing backup to "The Gambler" on stage with Kenny. It was the last part of the song when he'd say "you go to know when to hold 'em" and I'd belt out "When to hold 'em!"

Paris Hilton


5/24/8 - I had a dream I was flying on top of a helicopter holding Jordan and we landed in a beautiful green valley with some rivers that looked like there might be some good fishing. We landed and went into an underground Disney theme park. Before they let us in we had to be processed which included standing in line for our turn in the showers. While we were waiting in the boys shower line, Paris Hilton and two friends showed up and insisted the girl ahead of them let them cut ahead. When the girl refused and Paris kept on insisting she get special treatment, I turned around and said to her, "Why don't you just shut the F up?" but yeah, I swore. She glared at me but I felt good about putting her in her place.

Seth MacFarlane and Drew Curtis

Update: A couple nights ago I remember that part of my dream was spent having lunch with the creator of The Family Guy and the founder of the popular website Fark.com. I don't remember anything we talked about, but we had a pleasant meal with a nice view.

Tila Tequila










There I was, standing on a street corner on a bright sunny morning. Tila was at work as a cashier and was having a really bad day because TMZ had shown something about her that made her look trashy (imagine that). I felt bad and decided to buy her some chocolates to cheer her up, but when I went to the candy store next door I was faced with a dilemma - my classmate Graig was the one working at the candy store (random) and I realized that if I bought a box of chocolates he would assume they were for my wife and next time he saw her he would say something about it and I'd be in the doghouse. I decided Tila was on her own.


Toni Parker, Eva Longoria, and Nicolette Sheridan

Back in the summer of 2005, when Melissa and I were dating, I had a dream I entered the NBA draft and was the #1 overall pick and went to the San Antonio Spurs. I was excited to finally be playing in the NBA and was getting along great with my new teammates. Before the season started, however, we had to attend a formal banquet which meant I needed a date. Melissa was still in Utah and couldn't make it there for the dinner so I decided to have my new buddy Tony Parker set me up with his (at the time) girlfriend's co-worker.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks Benji, now I'm going to be singing "The Gambler" for a week! Ack!!

Benji said...

In my humble opinion, that would just make your week that much more enjoyable. Now I put a link in the post for all to enjoy!