Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Movie Reviews: Juno

I had heard some good things about this movie and was interested in seeing it, but I was highly disappointed. There were so many things about this movie that just didn't sit well with me - from the father's somewhat nonchalant attitude about his teen daughter's pregnancy, to Dwight Schrute's quirky performance as the snappy and uniquely articulate convenience store clerk - the characters just didn't seem real. Perhaps what bothered me the most was everything about the personality of the main character Juno. It seems her overarching goal in life is to be cool and not let anything phase her. If there were anyone in my life that reminded me of Juno, I would most likely avoid this person because they would get on my nerves.
Recommendation: Don't see this movie, but if it's too late and you already have, you'll probably find this Mad TV skit pretty funny.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

i assumed Juno was directed by the same guy that directed Knocked Up because it's about an unexpected pregnancy, and Michael Cera stars as Juno's boyfriend (he was one of the goofy kids from Superbad, a close relative of Knocked Up), but it turns out this is not the case... all in all the movie had in interesting/unique style