Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Go Nuts!

In 2005 when I was staying in a hotel in Rancho Cucamonga, I happened upon a schedule for the local minor league baseball team, the Quakes. That's when I discovered my latest favorite sports team, The Modesto Nuts. My love for this sports franchise stems from the fact that they have chosen the fiercest of fruits as the mascot. Yes, fruit.

From wikipedia: A nut in botany is a simple dry fruit with one seed (rarely two) in which the ovary wall becomes very hard (stony or woody) at maturity, and where the seed remains unattached or unfused with the ovary wall.

Told you it was fierce. This weekend I ordered myself a hat (shown below), so I can show my nut pride when the Modesto Nuts play the Inland Empire 66ers in San Bernardino July 8th-11th. I invite all local readers of this blog to join me and help support the nuts this July.


1 comment:

Fat Joe said...

Man, it's got to be tricky to do a clean play-by-play of the Nuts games.

Reminds me of the time that Dad and Melissa faced off in charades when they both had to act out "Butternut squash."