Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Friday, September 19, 2008

The 2008 Family Staycation

Just in case you haven't heard, staycations are all the rage this year. Thanks to elevated fuel prices, more and more families have chosen to spend their vacation time at home. I haven't heard anyone say this yet, so I'd like to be the first to use the term "staycay" in my attempts to stay trendy and hip.

I've got 10 days off from school and here are some things we plan on doing:
  • Hike to a waterfall. Jordan loves them and I think he'd really enjoy seeing one in real life. Here's proof.
  • Go to the beach. Again, here's proof that our little one will enjoy it.
  • Get a bike. Ever since this happened, I've been tired of walking to school and to the drayson center, so I'll be monitoring craigslist for a good deal.
  • Video games. I'm working on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Melissa just picked up Babysitting Mania (I'm not making that up).
  • Try a new hairstyle. Stay tuned, it should be awesome.
  • Disneyland. Of course! We'll probably go several times because we have season passes and go whenever we get a chance.
  • Not study. I'll study later.
Check back after the break for the Stay-cation recap.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a shameless attempt to promote your wife's blog. I love it. I want to go hike to a waterfall...hey, come watch the game at our house on Saturday-we have the stupid Mountain channel now!

Benji said...

Ha ha yeah, she writes some good stuff and the world needs to know!
We'll be going to Forest Falls tomorrow morning (Wednesday) give us a call if you guys want to join us.
We'll probably take you up on that offer, it's been a while since we've seen a cougar game.