Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Saturday, September 27, 2008

One way to keep patients in line


Here's a story of a German dentist who decided to take matters into his own hands when his patient decided not to pay for her work. (This guy is what the locals would call "verrückt").
Basically, the lady's insurance wouldn't pay for two bridges and she decided it wasn't her obligation to pay for them. The Zahnartzt from Neu Ulm (I think I rode a train through there once) then breaks into her home, ties her to a chair, and reclaims the bridges.
From the article:
"The dentist is being investigated for assault for the way he forced open her mouth, and theft for taking the bridges," said Christian Owsinski a police spokesman.
Personally, I think the theft charges should be dropped. Think about it - he payed a lab fee to have the bridges made so if they belong to anybody then they are his, so this might be more of an OJ Simpson-forcefully-reclaiming-my-stuff type situation.

I do feel that he should lose his license. You simply can't perform a dental procedure (such as removing a bridge) against the patient's will. That's one of the least ethical things a dentist can do.

The creepiest part? According to the victim, he did all of this without even saying a word.

4 comments:

Olsens said...

Benji

What's up, man? how's the clinic? your story about keeping patients in line caught my eye. I could always use a few tips... What are your plans? back to the BC? I think that we are living the dream, too. Well put.

Mark

Olsens said...

Magnify your collie! of course! it is too good to be true! if it is lame, that means that I always like the lame sayings the best...my bizz is doomed. surprisingly, we each came up with "punt return" independently. I liked it a lot, but some friends said that "unga" was better. Thanks for the feedback; you are on a roll!
ps- weakness of ute = genius. maybe a little hard for freshmen to grasp though. kids these days. keep 'em coming.

Benji said...

OK I got a couple more I'll send your way. I fell asleep last night trying to think of more phrases. Anyway, I'm putting both your blogs on my blogroll!

As far as future plans - we'd like to end up somewhere near our families but we'll just have to see where our opportunities are. We'd be OK with anywhere out west. How about you? Air Force, right?

Olsens said...

yep. I just found out that I will be in Florida with the air force AEGD for 1 year. It sounds like a good program. After that, who knows where we'll be for the next couple years. Long term, probably out west (NorCal, AZ but not phoenix, etc) for family, but we really have loved virginia...short answer: don't know.