Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's not such a small world afterall.....




I just overheard this the other day, but apparently the reason the "it's a small world" ride at Disneyland has been closed all year is because they are re-vamping the ride to keep up with the ever-expanding waistline of the average American. I just verified this with a quick google search that turned up this little article which points out that the ride was designed in 1963 when the average male weighed around 175, and the average female was 135. Recently, however, the boats have been getting stuck. Rather than making a large sign out front instructing that passengers must be this "small" to ride (my idea), Disney decided to renovate.

A wise man once said, "How ironic. You came here with a mouse in a bottle. Now you are the mouse."

2 comments:

Steph said...

For cryin' out loud! Did you stop at Disneyland on your way home from Utah?

We're so glad we got to see you last weekend- Daniel's still talking about "Jodan". Come back soon!

Benji said...

We drove all day and got here at 2:00 AM. The next day I was done with class at 10:00 (actually 12:00 but I opted to skip my religion class to come home and sleep. Don't tell.) So we spent the afternoon and evenying at Disneyland!