Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby of ours - the beta version

My wife feels she's been hiding her pregnancy long enough, so, it's time to announce the news! Child Beta should be available for download in late May - about the same time I'm supposed to graduate from school. I'll go ahead and make it a competition to see which happens first.

Here's some pictures I used in a presentation to announce when we were expecting Jordan a couple years ago. We were really curious about what our kid would look like because Melissa and I really don't look alike at all. Perhaps you've seen an "If they Mated" segment on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. It's the same idea, but using my crude Microsoft Paint skills.

Here's me in one of my finer moments:



Here's Melissa:



Baby Gorgeous, viola:



Notice any striking resemblances?



Thankfully, he turned out like this instead:

8 comments:

Robert said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so stoked for you guys! And I'm really glad he turned out the way he did and not like Barbara Streinsand.

Stephanie said...

I am so happy that you posted this, because this was my favorite email.
I also like that you are calling the baby Hadfield Beta!

Ali said...

I am still laughing. I love the cross. It totally looks like Barbra. Yep, that would be one cute kid. You never know, Jordan could still look like that as a teenager...

Christy said...

Congrats! Should make for an interesting end of the school year.

Grandma B said...

Congratulations! I'd stick with the real thing and not let your curiousity get the best of you!

Julie said...

I don't remember seeing this before - it's totally hilarious! We miss little Jordy. Ryan says Hi.

Rustin & Kelsi said...

Your picture manipulations are hilarious! Rusty and I got a good laugh! Thanks for getting some good humor into our day.

Also, what are you voting yes to? We're not up on the issues out here. I read the article, but was unclear what position that means you're supporting.

Benji said...

Kelsi and Rusty -
That's right, on the other side of the world this probably doesn't make the evening news (do they have evening news there?)
A few months ago, I'm not sure if it was before or after you left, the California Supreme Court struck down a law prohibiting gay "marriages" saying that law was unconstitutional. Therefore, Prop. 8 will simply reverse this decision by revising the California constitution to say:
"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid and recognized in California."
If it's in the constitution, it can't be unconstitutional, right?