Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation

That's the answer. The question is one you've probably asked yourself if you've watched football regularly the past several years, and it goes like this:
What's that one song they play in the stadiums? It goes like this, "Dah nuh na na nuh, da na na na na nuh na na na na na na nuh."
Because googling those lyrics is pretty much fruitless, I found the answer by simply asking everyone around me any time I ever heard it. After over two years someone finally had the answer. Sort of. He didn't know off the top of his head but he said he had it on his Ipod at home so I emailed him and he got back to me with this vital information.

The reason I decided to blog about it is because NOBODY knows this. Aside from the fact that it took me so long to figure it out, I recently saw a sports segment on the local news where they discussed the song and none of the news people had a clue what the song was.

Here's some trivia:
  • The song is based on a small song called "Stardust," from a Commodore 64 game, found here.
  • It was released in 1999 when it became an underground hit in European clubs, but you can credit the Wake Forest Men's Basketball program for popularizing it when they played it on February 13th, 2003, and beat Duke in double overtime. (I guess it worked).
  • Most people mistakenly call the song "Zombie Nation," probably because those are the only lyrics. Picture Bon Jovi releasing a hit where all they say is "Bon Jovi" over and over again. THAT is how cool this song is.
  • "Kernkraft 400" is German for "Atomic Energy 400."
Lastly, here is the original music video, featuring a couple bikini girls in what appears to be an infomercial for both microwaves and tanning beds, hosted by a man who is quite obviously the coolest man on the planet:

Someday when I'm rich I will dress just like him every day.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Fat Joe said...

I've even posted the question on a site that purportedly answers trivia within 100 hours of the question being asked. They failed. Thank you dental ninja.

Camille and Paul said...

Just wanted to tell you CONGRATS!!!! Officially on your blog. I am proud of you...and I hope your prospect works out! I am so happy that Melissa has such a smart hubby! :)