Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My UFO experience



Last night I caught the second half of a UFO documentary hosted by Peter Jennings on the National Geographic Channel. Then Melissa and I saw the new Indiana Jones move (review coming soon) so it turned out to be a pretty alien-oriented evening. It got me reminiscing about an experience I had earlier this year that I haven't shared with anyone but my wife.

There I was, driving after sunset on a Sunday night. I was on my way to drop off some cookies my wife made for a few families in our church. For those of you familiar with the Loma Linda area, I was northbound on Anderson street on the uphill side of the bridge that goes over the railroad tracks.

Driving along minding my own business, I glanced out the window and just above the new anatomy building being constructed, I saw a glowing yellow saucer-shaped aircraft. I did a double take and tried to keep my eyes on the road but also get as good a look at this thing as I could. Because I was moving, I could gauge that it was about 500 yards away from me and probably 40 yards from end to end. It appeared to be angled such that I was seeing the underside of it. It didn't appear to be moving very quickly, if at all. The whole thing was a glowing yellowish color and had a bright light on the top center and one on the bottom.

I began thinking about how weird this was and about how I can't be the only one seeing this thing hovering over the inland empire. I started thinking that when the news reports came in I could tell people "I saw it too!" and recount my eyewitness description. As I kept driving, and glancing back and forth at my new discovery, something odd happened. The thing started changing it's shape. This didn't really phase me because I suppose alien spacecraft can do that. As I examined the new shape of my UFO, it turned into an IFO. Yup, an Identified Flying Object. I had positively identified the flying object as a blimp. I was probably thrown for a loop because I snuck up on the blimp and didn't notice it until I was pretty close and viewing it from a funny angle.

There you have it, and now you know why I haven't shared this experience with anyone besides my wife. In my own defense, if you scroll back up to the illustration at the top of this post, you can see how blimps and saucers might get mixed up, right?

2 comments:

Fat Joe said...

Stephanie and I saw a UFO on Halloween last year. It had no lights and was only noticeable when it blocked out stars as it moved southward. No noise. True story.

Benji said...

So, it was like a cloud?