Things I have recently grammed; instantly:

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Blog!

That's right! March 23rd, 2008, I started this little operation with a few explanations. Here are some other noteworthy things to happen on March 23rd:
  • "Give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry uttered this phrase in in 1775.
  • Lewis and Clark turned around and began the trip home in 1806.
  • The first version of the modern elevator (the safety elevator) was installed in NYC in 1857.
  • The University of California was founded in 1868.
  • The Wright Brothers applied for a patent on one of the first successful versions of the airplane in 1903.
  • Benito Mussolini founded Fascism in 1919.
  • Adolf Hitler officially became dictator of Germany in 1933.
  • Jason Kidd was born in 1973.
  • Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donoldo Colosio was assasinated in 1994.
  • The first major conflict in Operation Iraqi Freedom happened in 2003.
  • And finally, I'd like to think that someday wikipedia will also state, "Benji's Blog was launched in 2008."
Also, Poland and Hungary observe the day of Hungarian-Polish Friendship.

1 comment: